I'm going to
try to create a daily list of 10 things. Here's why.
- Read a book (duh, these lists about being against TV always start this way. Though this isn't against TV just the TV habit, sitting around because it's easy).
- Learn to cook one thing for 6 people really well. Tim Ferris talks about this.
- Take a walk outside. It'll make you healthier.
- Make a list like this, am I going to make it to 10?
- Spend an hour automating your life at ifttt.com. Get your news automatically delivered in whatever way you would like.
- Spend time looking at a new magazine at the public library. Public libraries are great and the magazines are bound to have something that catches your eye.
- Find a sub reddit for something you are passionate about. If you're replacing an hour of news television with time on Reddit you'll find information twice as fast and twice as funny.
- Paint something. Painting is by far the easiest medium to begin with. If you're worried just think about mixing pretty colors in curvy lines.
- Reconnect with your spouse. We do it at our ping pong table.
- Learn a skill to show off in social situations. Practice pool, ping pong, dancing, public speaking.
- Start to memorize poetry, I'm doing If.