I thought maybe it's time to share a little bit. So here goes.
1. My favorite color is yellow.
2. I hate caramel.
3. I have a strange weakness for McGriddles from McDonald's.
4. I use to have a lazy eye when I was a kid. (I wore a patch on one eye for a while to correct it. Because of this, I have a way of seeing more than one usualy could at one time. It's hard to explain.)
5. I am left-handed at pretty much everything. (Although, on the piano, my right hand is more dominant since it often carries much of the melody.)
6. As a teenager, I thought of becoming a priest when I grew up. I grew out of this ambition very quickly.
7. Macadamia nut and Oreo cookies are my favorite cookies to eat.
8. I was a straight-A student all through high school.
9. The most I've ever won in a lottery is $20.00 from a scratch-off.
10. I will own a grand piano someday.
11. I own a modest collection of vinyl records comprised mostly of classical and piano-based music.
12. I have a collection of Transformer toys--a beautiful and shiny Optimus Prime being my prized possession in the bunch.
13. I love celebrating my birthday.
14. The fall and winter are my favorite times of year (which is strange because I grew up in the tropics where there were no seasons).
15. I try to visit the main library of every city I visit. This tells a lot about what people value in the area.
16. I'm honestly not a big fan of current country music. I do, however, love the old-school variety back when it had more of a rugged soul and substance.
18. I'd love to meet Marilyn Manson someday and have lunch. I have a hunch that our conversation would be very intelligent and enjoyable.
19. If I could, I'd walk everywhere and use mass transit. Cars often feel like these isolating little bubbles that we travel in. They disc0nnect us from the broader world outside of our private homes.
20. My mom eats bananas every day with each meal. I'm slowly developing the same habit.
21. My nephews and niece make me smile probably more than I should.
22. I have a small collection of abstract art that I've made over the years. I plan on doing an exhibit of them at some point in the future.
23. I follow the sport of figure skating regularly. It is one of the growing number of sports that is dominated by Asians on the international level. Ahh yeahh!! That's right!! Asian Power!
24. I love watching live shows--especially other pianists. I learn so much from this.
25. My least favorite color is beige. (It's fine as a neutral color to balance off something more vibrant, but as a stand-alone, it's just bit boring to me.)
Well, am I a strange bird? Sure. I'm happy to be as strange as I can be.
Happy Sunday everyone!
# 21 is so true. For me, there's a mixture of aggravation and despair as well, but I am glad to say that laughter dominates our interactions. Life's more colorful with little people, nes pas?
Enjoyed reading your list. I may have learned a few new things about you. :-)
(Photos by Lullette M.)
As many of you know, I am , in my heart and soul, a piano player. It's been as natural to me as breathing, eating bacon, flexing my calf muscles, and being hopelessly left-handed. I feel most at home when I sit at a piano. As Tom Cruise might say, it completes me.
One thing about myself that I've come to understand is that I am often not content with the status quo. I've always been one to learn something new and take on different challenges. Maybe it's just my nature or perhaps I am a glutton for punishment. Either way, this is who I am, and thus, so be it.
For several years now, I've been thinking a lot about cellos. I love the rich tones and textures they create. It is an instrument capable of creating such amazing beauty. Last October, I took on a very exciting and new challenge. I rented a cello and started taking weekly lessons.
I want to be a poet when I'm older, or a journalist. Anything that involves writing. A lot of people ask why I write, and why I am so into music? I write, because writing is one of my favorite things to do, in some ways I feel like I was just born with it. I've been writing since I was little, except back than, what i wrote didn't make a lot of sense. My mom used to write too, she wanted to be a journalist when she grew up. She wrote love letters to people but never gave the letters to them, I guess that's where I got it from. My mom told me that I remind her just like her when she was a teenager. I love to write, because I'm not good at expressing my words. I'm probably the most awkward person ever...I'm like an awkward hippo. Writing, is so much easier for me to express myself. I don't have to make eye contact with anyone when I'm writing out my feelings. When I write my poems, most of them express things I feel, but since it's a poem, no one really knows they are about me. Some are other peoples scenarios..like suicide, bullying, things like that. As for music, none of you reading this know that I play guitar, piano and I sing, I also listen to music every second of every day..well maybe that is exaggerating a little, but just a little. I listen to old music, rock music, country music, basically all kinds of music. I started playing guitar 2 years ago, and started playing piano three years ago, as for singing, I've been singing my whole life. Music is like my escape from the world. Music describes exactly what I'm feeling most of the time. Singing, is just a passion of mine. Guitar, I love the sound of it. Piano, I feel free when I am playing it. I also love the sound of it as well. Since I sit in my room all day, write, and listen to music, you could say I'm a awkward loser with no social life.....but that'd be an understatement.