Wellington Street

In which we take a stroll down a very strange lane.


Read Next

Factory 1 "The Operating Theater"

The young teen who found the bodies assumed that what he had discovered was the result of a late night of work on one of the many local independent films. It is in fact not that uncommon for amateur filmmakers to use the old factories, even without permission. However, something seemed off about the scene so he called the authorities. When the police arrived and realized that the violence was real, the boy became hysterical after realizing the skin on the table was someone's face.

Laid out in a arch were four surgical beds, a body set on each one; two females and two males in total. Separate medical trays were placed next to each, and surrounding the whole scene were a set of bright lights. Off to the side, almost out of sight, was an old record player, the record still slowly turning. Things became chaotic when it was discovered that the bodies on the tables were still alive. The victims were brought to the hospital and instantly brought into emergency surgery.

The damage to the bodies was pronounced, and was above all else uniform in execution. The skin from the faces had been removed, along with the majority of the tendons and muscles. It seems that the only bit of tissue that was kept on the face were those connected to the movement of the jaw. The strangest detail was the sharp gleam of the light on the skulls, and it was soon determined that the bone had been polished.

The bodies of the victims had been cleaned and sterilized, and it seems that a great amount of attention had been paid to sanitation. The arms were sewn against the chest, the thread that was used being of medical quality. The technique, although clearly learned, was more reminiscent of the stitching one would use in the manufacture of shoes. The damage to the bodies continued below the waist, as all the flesh and organs around the pelvis and thighs had been removed, bleeding prevented through cauterization. The links between the spine and the lower body had been severed, preventing the body from going into shock during the process. The bones in the waist had also been polished.

Three of the victims died in surgery. The toxicology results revealed two sorts of anesthetics were present in their bodies. One was ether, and was found via a mucus swab, suggesting it was used to knock them out. The other was a more modern anesthetic, which was found in the blood. Unfortunately, the results of the labs arrived too late. When anesthetic was applied, the patients OD'd and died. The remaining victim, one of the females, remained in surgery for six hours before finally being declared stable. Skin grants were planned for the face, but the treatment of the bone and other tissues made such an attempt impossible without further planning.

How I Became a Famous Pickup Artist : Part 2

On Tynan

This is a continuation of the story, How I Became a Famous Pickup Artist Part 1. If you haven't read that already, you should do so before reading this article.

Papa was notorious for being in contact with everyone in the pickup scene. I couldn't blame him, either - he was the business side of "Real Social Dynamics", a company that taught seminars and workshops to aspiring players. Not surprisingly, he was the only person at the seminar that I knew.

In order to extract every last precious second out of my experience, I had gotten on the earliest flight to Chicago that I could book. I called Papa when I arrived at the hotel at 10am. I could hardly make out his voice. He'd been out in the clubs until very late and was still sleeping.

Rendering New Theme...