Bitchez ain't nuttin but trix and hos
I got interested in motorcycles 6 years ago after watching "Long Way Round" - a British miniseries documentary where Ewan McGregor and Charlie Bowman do a RTW trip on motorcycles.
Very shortly after seeing that, I took my first class (probably at the same place you did, Ty) and I was HOOOOOKED.
Like you said, it makes every commute an adventure. Absolutely love it and there is nothing else like it.
P.S. If anyone here has not seen Long Way Round - I cannot recommend it highly enough.
"house advantage ranging from 2-5%, assuming "perfect play". That means that if you play perfectly, you can expect to lose, on average, about 2-5% of the action you put through a machine"
Is that logic correct?
Follow me... a 50/50 shot for house vs player would mean a 0% edge for either house or player.
So, if the house has a 5% edge then that changes to 55% chance house will win and 45% chance you will win. Or, looked at a different way, 55% chance you will lose (because that's the percentage of the time the house is winning.)
Man this rocks! Thanks for the article behind it too. Interesting to learn how you stepped through this. I think it's super useful.
Here's a suggestion:
Would be nice to be able to allow users to put their own keywords in too, something like bit.ly does. Like http://tofind.me/miguelshouse
Maybe you could allow, if the first character is not a + or -, then it parses it as a custom string, which maps to something in the database? Just a thought. And you could expire these like bit.ly does. (At least I think they do.)
One of the best of your more recent articles. I definitely agree.
I've found that what works BY FAR the best for me is to not focus on the due dates. Focus on the START date/time. It makes things much less daunting and I get started. In my head I basically don't worry about how long it will take. I just worry about when I will start it. The sooner the better. Of course I still have due dates, but they are not my main focus.
"Just get started". That's my mantra.
In for one as well. Great show of philanthropy here, man. Good on you!
AWWWWWWWWESOME post and I'm only halfway through.
Oh, under the VFF section, you have the fact that they smell under "Unusual Use". I think you meant "Caveats" but I'm digging that it could be an unusual use as well :) I've had my VFFs for a year now (Sprint model) and love them. I just got a second pair (Classics, but I may swap for KSOs before I wear them). I specifically bought the 2nd pair b/c of the smell factor. Hoping that if I alternate and let one pair air out while wearing the other, and swap every couple days, I'll eliminate the stank.
Back to reading the rest of the post now.. STOKED!
Overall, I liked the daily thing better. I definitely looked forward to seeing what you had to say each day. Same with Seth's blog and with Siver's. I read them every day. I think you should keep it up. Or at least 3-4 posts per week. You could always have some queued up so you don't HAVE to write daily.