I have wanted to do this for a while now, but I didn't know exactly what form it would take. As a huge fan of music and the album format, I always mention to my loving friends and family members, "this is one of my favorite albums." Until now, I've never really made an effort to catalog (which I just found out does not end in "ue" like I thought when I originally typed it) those great albums.
What you should expect:
- Stories about me interacting with some of my favorite albums of my life - Stories about my family, friends, and acquaintances that are inextricably part of me
- Brief general discussion about the album in general and its importance (or lack thereof) to the rest of the world
- References to the host of other things that are connected in the wacky attic I call a brain </p>
What you should not expect:
- Reviews. I'm not rating these albums on a scale of 1-10 or giving them stars, dubloons, or any other markers to prove how much I like them. They won't all be classic albums, or even critically good albums, but that's not the point.
- Pitchfork style music snobbery.
- Oompa Loompa porn. You should definitely not expect any of that.
I'm excited to start this, and I have a lot of ideas for my first few posts. I'm looking forward to the new sett community blogging style, and I hope you, dear reader, will continue to grace me with your presence, comments, and post promotions.