Well well...good title huh?
Long time no see...lots of things to do in December and one of them was going to Amsterdam. That was the coolest gift I got until now.
- Flight: EasyJet. Airport announcing lots of delays due to THE storm coming from Scotland. Amsterdam was in the middle of it. Fighting to place the backpacks in the trolley at the boarding gate as they did not allow any type of bag (including camera bag) separately (that if you don't want to pay the small fee). Alcohool level: medium after one 0.5L beer and running.
- Landing and airport in Amsterdam: I know only one prayer. I don't regret living but I think I could use a life insurance. Managed to land even if the plane was almost braking in two and sliding on the runway. Got out of the airport. Number of cigs: 2. Number of cute guys talking to us: 1 and counting. Level of alcohool: slightly bigger.
- Amsterdam housing: nice room in a very tight house. Big window to the street made the room almost as cold as it was outside. Cute bed. Great location. Fee to get there: 45 euros (taxi as the trains were out of service due to the storm). Fee for room: cannot remember. Level of alcohool: decreasing rapidly. Smokes: who counts?
- The Shops: found a great "cafe" on the main street, also recommended by TripAdvisor. Good quality stuff, cute guys. Level of alcohool: increasing. Level of THC: increasing rapidly. Level of munchies: hitting in.
- The cookies: if you smoke all day long, for breakfast, lunch and dinner, don't expect them to kick in. No THC in the system for at least some days, no food one hour before, no food after. We tried twice, no luck. Level of alcohool: forget it. Level of THC: enough to kill a cow.
- The city itself: dangerous. In winter, not so sexy. BEWARE of the cyclists. They have no mercy.
So, that's about it. Oh yes, almost forgot...tried three times to kill the munchies with BIG sandwitches from Subway, never managed to finish more than half. Do not buy from the turkish/arabs/whatever they are. It's a trap.