We all know that myths are not a nice thing, so one must be aware regarding that and especially in the case of search engine optimization. It is necessary to be familiar with seo myths so that the same can be overcome and there is no hindrance at the time of optimization. Some of the common seo myths are given below:-
1. 1st rank only matters: There is a myth that only first page of the search engines is visited by the internet visitor. However, it is not true because according to the surveys which are conducted online it is clear that if 100 visitors are visiting the page, 80 people out of 100 are moving on the other pages also in order to get the relevant link.
2. SEO can be done by the person himself: There is a myth that search engine optimization can be successfully conducted by the technical or experts of this field only. However, it is not true because if the person wants, one can conduct SEO by himself only. For this, one has to only follow some guidelines and set of some specific techniques which are prescribed by the search engines. It is also true that doing SEO is a complex task and that is the reason why there are companies which are offering help in this regard. A simple approach is not always going to work if one wants some excellent and unique results.
3. Essentiality of the Meta tags: There are many professionals and individuals who say that there is no requirement of Meta tags so that their site could acquire a good place on the internet. However, if these Meta tags are placed properly in the site, the powerful search engines such as Bing and Google find itself easy in the promotion of these sites. So, one should know that these tags are the useful pieces and must be deployed in the business website.
4. Domain names which are rich in keyword will be ranked higher: Today this therapy of optimization does not work however it worked in the late 90’s. In the present time, search engines only look the process of indexing as well as the actual content of the pages rather than domain name which contains keyword.
5. Submitting the website to search engines: It is not necessary to submit the site on the search engines because at present search engines are very sophisticated and can search the site in few days only.
6. Rank boosting with the submission of the sitemap: It is clear that if you submit the website sitemap, there will be no change in the ranking of the website.
7. Nothing has to be done in regards of social media: We all know that SEO works on its own platform and has its own algorithms. However, both are closely linked with each other but works on different platforms.
9. Updating of the home page is required every time: Some people always update their home page in order to see their website on the first number. However, it is not true because if someone is having a sales web page, there will be no reason to change the page unless and until there is some change in the product or service.
10. Greater value of H1 header page: There is no role of this H1 header page in the raking of the Google and other search engines. It is mainly used for the entry of CSS so that internet users can watch this web page in a particular way.
11. Linking with the other sites which are ranked highly on the search engines: This concept does not work at all because Google has its own way to decide the PageRank which is completely based on its system of algorithms.
12. Use of automated methods in SEO: The method of optimization in considered to be a grunt work and considered to be a spammy promotion of the websites.
13. Ranking of the page is the way that matters: PageRank is the algorithm which Google uses in deciding the rank of the page. However, it also depends upon the usefulness of the website that up to what level the site is fruitful for others.
14. Title tags which are unknown by the search engines: Some of the people say that title tag is not necessary but it is not correct. The reason is that it plays an essential role in the optimization. The text which is appearing on the title tag is only seen by the visitor and one will click according to that only.
15. Preferential treatment is being provided by the Google Adwords: Only using Google Adwords is not going to help in better way. In order to get some best results, marketing company has to pay to the Google and then only one can get preferential treatments.
WordPress is by far a superior platform for online marketing and it can help you overcome a variety of your Internet marketing challenges by automating your tasks, freeing up your time, and most importantly, helping you rank on the search engines.
WordPress is the best framework available for SEO for a number of reasons:
Here is our recommended list of SEO plugins for WordPress:
WordPress Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is by far the most important aspect of any long term WordPress website marketing strategy. From making sure your title tags are properly named to improving the load performance of your website (500ms improvement in load time yields up to 20% improvement in time on site and conversions), optimizing your website with WordPress and search engine optimization is at the core of appearing on Google and the other search engines when a potential client searches for something relevant to your business.
Writing a strong, search engine friendly website title is not only important for potential visitors to find your website easier, it's one of the most important search engine optimization factors. If you were to choose one on-page SEO factor to do well, it would be your title.
The title goes inside the<title> tags on each page and Google generates your title by either using what you put in your title tags, or if there is not title tag they use an algorithm to fill in the blanks.
Titles are very important and should give visitors a quick glance at what's in the content of the page and why it's relevant to their search.
Moz.com does some really cool annual research where they study all sorts of ranking factors relating to search engine optimization and then post the results. One of the factors they consider is the site title and their recommendation for the structure of a title is:
Primary Keyword - Secondary Keyword | Brand Name</title>